Molokai Activities and Experiences
Experience the tranquility and picturesque beauty of old Hawaii- life the way it used to be.
No buildings higher than a coconut tree.
No shopping malls, however, you will find a quaint and quiet version of civilization.
Visit nearby Maunaloa Town
Our personal favorite "must see" sites
- Molokai Ranch Lodge offers fine dining
- At Paniolo Grill enjoy delicious island style home cooking
- Maunaloa Town Cinemas (3 screens)
- Lucky's Gas and Oil
- Maunaloa Store for groceries, wine, beer and a bit of everything
- Post Office
- Famous Big Wind Kite Factory
- Plantation Gift Shop (A must see for exotic far east and island items)
- Molokai Outdoor Activities Center
Perhaps you seek activity and adventure. You will find it in abundance on Molokai.
- The sculptured beauty of verdant Halawa Valley and waterfalls on the East End passing by breathtaking scenery, ancient fishponds and lush rainforest terrain
- Kaulapapa Lookout and Phallic Rock with views to make your senses reel
- A plane or mule ride to tour historic Father Damien's Kaulapapa, site of the only US leper colony, now a National Park
Our Guestbook offers brochures for so many activities, you will have to save some for next time.
Vist the activity desk at the Sheraton Lodge in Maunaloa or Molokai Fish and Dive in Kaunakakai to arrange horseback riding, hunting, deep sea fishing, kayaking, diving, birding, biking, sailing, windsurfing, tours of local coffee, macadamia nut or flower plantations, hikes to remote waterfalls and Hawaiian historic sacred sites and much, much more…
You can do it all, or do nothing but collect your thoughts (and a few special shells).
Take a trip back in time on the streets of Kanakakai, reminiscent of the Old West
Magical Molokai. Unique and diverse.
- "Talk story" with friendly locals
- Pick up your groceries at Friendly Market or Misaki's
- Find the best selection of healthy foods and fruit at The Outpost Health Food Store
- Molokai Drug can help you with their full service pharmacy
- Jam-packed with merchandise, Take's and Ace Hardware stores are as good as it gets here!
- Chow down at one of several local eateries
- Or continue on past town to the Molokai Hotel for a fine open air dining (It's THE place to be Fridays 4-6 when locals enjoy happy hour featuring music and hula by the kahuna (island elders)
- Visit a variety of intriguing gift shops including Mango Mart (Molokai's miniscule version of Wal-Mart)
- Kamakana Gallery displays an astounding array of very beautiful arts and crafts by Molokai artists
- The folks at Molokai Fish and Dive will bend over backwards to help you with any and all activities of interest to you
- Just before town the Nature Conservancy can plug you in to discovery of places too good to be true, miles of beauty to explore
- Be sure to visit town on Saturday mornings where local artisans and farmers sell their wares in an open market where you'll find our favorite local artist, Linda Johnston or see Linda's work online
The Hawaii of your dreams awaits, where you can thrill to outdoor adventure, immerse yourself in nature's splendor or do nothing at all…
Molokai Virtual Tour